The Roundtable was initiated by PDP Strategy Group in partnership and conjunction with other PDP Pressure Groups. This Communique was agreed and reached with the consensus of all parties involved and states thus:
- We are fully in support of the Portharcourt Convention of our great party scheduled for August 17, 2016 to usher in new executive members. We urge the Caretaker Committee to conduct an open, transparent, credible and competitive elections for all the candidates.
- There is an Urgent need for the PDP to have a Viable Youth Wing within the party that will effectively mainstream youth participation in the affairs of the party and address the gap in the apparent dearth of operational arm of the party.
- The party should at all times give the youth a considerable and fair representation in all party Committees and activities for a greater sense of belonging. This is very essential if the party is to shift from the old order into modern Democratic processes and input new ideas in the running of the party. This will also promote direct mentoring for smooth succession plans.
- We resolved that the present youth aspirants running for different offices in the NWC be given a fair chance to run without any imposition. We also endorsed all youth aspirants and urge all elective delegates to vote for them.
- There is an urgent need for a stronger online Strategy Team that is well funded to defend the interest of the party at all times. This group will be manned by brilliant minds that can make sound projection and logically promote the interests of the PDP in the social media.
- In line with the United Nations 2016 Theme for World Youth Day, we resolved that the youth resource as against oil should be used to drive the development of our dear nation. We consequently urge the federal government to tap into the abundance potential of the youth to eradicate poverty to achieve sustainable consumption and production.
- We make a clarion call on all Nigerian Youth to protect and defend Democratic Institutions against Tyranny and salvage our democracy from autocracy.
- We condemn in strong term the failure of the federal government to prevent the reoccurrence of polio in Nigeria. We urge all stakeholders to be involved in reversing this health tragedy to keep our nation safe from this deadly virus.
- We urge all hands to be on deck to save the economy from total collapse. Consequently we are appealing to the President to drop his provincial mindset and seek the best brains in part of Nigeria to save the nation from depression.
- That the above listed should stand as a mantra for every youth today to achieve the Theme of this year and follow it through subsequently
Signed this day stated by:
Chairman, Communique Drafting Committee
Prince Chux-Davix Daniel Onyemaka
Secretary, Communique Drafting Committee
All attending groups.
Originally posted 2016-08-12 16:05:13.